We are looking for motivated English language tutors to teach Japanese and Taiwanese students on the online learning platform "Cafetalk".
Please note that you do not need to live in Japan to apply for this position. You will be able to teach from wherever you currently reside!
Our concept on Cafetalk is to "Bring the Spice of the World into your Home", by connecting talented tutors with motivated students from around the world. On Cafetalk, you can teach everything, from English conversation classes to French lessons, music, or even arts and crafts classes.
>Why teach on Cafetalk?
On Cafetalk, you will be able to start your career as an online freelance English tutor. You can set your teaching schedule completely freely, and students can only book lessons at times that you mark as available.
- Do you want to teach just a few hours a week? Fine!
- Do you want to try and become a full-time online tutor? We'll help you achieve that!
- You can set your own lesson prices!
- There is no set curriculum you have to follow - you can create your own original lessons and be your own boss!
We support both students and tutors with multilingual support around the clock to ensure a smooth experience for all of our users. Take your English teaching career to the next level and offer your lessons on Cafetalk!
>You can teach a variety of categories!
- Teach English for beginners, intermediate or advanced students
- Help students prepare for TOEIC, TOEFL, Eiken or IELTS exams
- Teach conversational English only
- Offer lessons in Business English
Use your strengths and creativity and turn it into the type of lesson you think our students would benefit from the most.
English is not your native language? No problem! From French, Spanish, Italian, German, you can teach essentially any language on Cafetalk.
For us at Cafetalk, qualifications are secondary. In our experience what counts is your experience and whether you are motivated, willing to connect with our students, and up for promoting yourself inside and outside of Cafetalk!
- You need a PC or Mac with Skype, a camera and a microphone
- You need a fast and secure internet connection
- You need basic knowledge of how to use a PC and Skype - if you cannot use Skype, Cafetalk may not be for you
- You need to be reliable and keep track of your schedule
- We require our tutors to be able to provide their own lesson plans and materials
- We have lots of Japanese students - punctuality is a must
>If this is you, then Cafetalk is perfect for you!
- You speak several languages (especially teachers who speak Japanese, Korean or Chinese as a second or third language are more than welcome!)
- You are charismatic, friendly, and willing to connect with our students
- You are willing to use Social Media and Cafetalk's internal promotional tools to promote yourself
- You possess cultural sensitivity
We are looking forward to your application!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities