furnished house laundry on site no smoking street parking no private bathroom private room
QR Code Link to This Post
We have available:
* a double room
* a double room until 7 January
* a small single until 7 January
Then the small single room will be available from June if not sooner and a double room from September (precise date not yet known).
RATES are on a decreasing scale and are inclusive of all bills. Our general charges are below.
The small Single room the charge is £28 for the first night, £22 the second night, £16 per night for the following 4 nights, then less.
A double room occupied by a single person is £40 for the first night, £31 for second night, £27 for the following 4 nights, then less. For two the rate is 1.5.
PER WEEK AND MORE
* Small single room (not suitable for couples): £129-£94.50 per week. As an example for this small single room the charge is £486 for the first 31 nights. After the first month the charge is £405 (based on 30 nights).
* Double room: £200-£112 per week for one person. For one person the first week is £200, two weeks is £347 in total, three weeks £494, four weeks £641, five weeks (35 nights) £758. After that it is £112 per week. For two people sharing add half the charge.
* Overnight visitors in your room are 1/2 your current rate (per visitor)
* There is an outgoing charge of £25 for finishing the cleaning if staying longer than 2 nights. Still one is expected to leave the room in a reasonable state.
Visitors come as PhD students, MA students, researchers, interns, placements or professionals on special projects or to spend time in universities, national libraries or other educational/research institutions based in central London.
You will enjoy a clean, almost chemical free and friendly atmosphere in our Victorian home with oak flooring in our well-cared home in Lewisham in South East London, in an area known as Brockley/Telegraph Hill, south of New Cross Gate. We enjoy free street parking.
Our communal kitchen with a wood burning stove includes a cooker with two ovens, a combination microwave, a food processor (with discs like a Julienne Cutter, French Fry Cutter/ Stir Fry Preparation, 4mm Slicing ...), a juicer, a bread maker, a soya milk maker, a Matstone, a quality toaster, a sandwich maker, A Bodum Latteo Milk Frother (and one for green tea). For coffee making with have a Clever Dripper, a ROK manual grinder, Mokas, and French presses. The washing machine and tumble dryer are in an outer building with an additional toilet and shower with under-floor heating. The full house has oak flooring. Wireless broadband throughout the house and in the garden; wired broadband/Freeview TV. We are a mix bunch of people with varied eating habits including vegetarianism and veganism.
We are at 20 minutes' walk from Goldsmiths University, about 10 minutes by train/overground to London Bridge, 15 minutes to Blackfriars, Victoria and Shoreditch Station (close to Liverpool Street) and 30 minutes to St Pancras. Easy access to the London School of Economics - LSE, the School of Oriental and African Studies - SOAS, the School of Hygiene and Tropical medicine - LSHTM, University College London - UCL and Birkbeck and the British Library for example.
It takes 5 to 7 minutes to walk to Brockley overground / Railway Station, 12 minutes to Nunhead railway station, 16 to 20 minutes to New Cross Gate overground, and 40 minutes to walk to Greenwich and Blackheath.
The London Overground services from Brockley (formerly East London Line) passes via New Cross Gate, Canada Water, Shoreditch, Dalston Junction, Canonbury, Highbury & Islington at one end, and Crystal Palace and West Croydon at the other end, among other stations. On 9 December the London Overground has extended its network from Surrey Quays to Queens Road Peckham, Peckham Rye, Denmark Hill, Clapham High Street, and Wandsworth Road.
The main buses are:
* 343 London Bridge - New Cross Gate (get off at Avignon Rd after Frendsbury Rd)
* N343 additionally goes to Victoria
* 484 Camberwell Green - Lewisham (get off in between Dundalk Road and St Asaph Road)
* 171 / N171 Bloomsbury (and Holborn Station) - Catford (get off at Brockley Station)
* 172 St Pauls Station via Waterloo Station - Brockley Rise (get off at Brockley Station). Or you stop at New Cross-Gate and walk south.
No smoking in the house, in the garden and in front of the house.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers